Biotech – Tools,Techniques
Before going for tools, techniques or methods of biotechnology we should know technologies associated with, as biotechnology is a collection of such technologies. Some of them are listed below.
- Genetic engineering or Recombinant DNA Technology ( For techniques used visit Genetic engineering techniques)
- Cell, Tissue, organ culture
- Plant tissue culture
- Mammalian (animal / human) cell culture
- Insect cell culture
- Bio-nanotechnology (Microarrays)
- Protein engineering
- Monoclonal antibodies
- At molecular level – molecular cloning
- At cellular level – cellular cloning
- Animal cloning
These all technologies use various tools and techniques to serve their main objective. Such tools and techniques used can also be referred as methods of biotechnology. The techniques related to these technologies are explained on the respective page. We will add more detail information soon. Stay in touch.