What is Conventional Agriculture?
Conventional agriculture includes
- Use of inorganic fertilizers
- Use of chemical insecticides and pesticides
- To create desired growing conditions by removing trees, tillage, developing irrigation system etc.
- More emphasis is given to maintain uniformity, hence results in reduction in diversity.
- More prone to diseases and insect attacks, soil erosion.
- A lot of energy and work for the farmer to maintain this farming system
Learn more about Sustainable Agriculture.