General Combining Ability
What is General Combining Ability? – Definition
General combining ability is an average performance of a individual in a particular series of crosses.
Feature of General Combining Ability
- It is due to additive genetic variance and additive x additive gene interaction.
- It denotes combining ability of genotype esp. inbred with various testers.
- Helps in identification and selection of best genotype to use it in hybridization, as a parent.
- Estimated by half sib mating
- Have relationship with narrow sense heritability
Read specific combining ability, the another type in the concept.